The City of Eaton Rapids is recruiting an AmeriCorps VISTA Intern who will specialize in community outreach. Position Description: The Community Outreach Coordinator VISTA is responsible for designing, coordinating, and implementing an ongoing community engagement plan for the City of Eaton Rapids which will particularly target underrepresented low-income populations within the City limits and surrounding area. The position develops advertising materials to promote various City programs that will connect low-income families to City programming.
VISTA members must be at least 18 years of age, US citizens, nationals or legal residents. Successful applicants will pass a criminal background check, be committed to serving a year of full-time service with the project, have a passion for combating poverty, have the ability to work independently and as a part of a team, be computer and social media proficient, be comfortable with public speaking, and a willingness to learn new skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Develop and implement a community outreach strategy to target the City of Eaton Rapids as a whole as well as target low-income populations within the City and surrounding area.
- Developing marketing materials and other public messaging.
- Conduct community outreach efforts through in-person meetings and/or virtual meetings.
- Work with other community stakeholder organizations on the development and promotion of beneficial programming.
- Create innovative ways to connect families living in poverty to available programs.
Details about the position and how to apply can be found at: http://cedamichigan.org/americorps/now-hiring/