Hello Eaton Rapids! Dressing properly is extremely important when outside for any length of time during the winter months. When cold environments or temperatures cannot be avoided, the following tips should help you stay warm, dry, and safe!
1. Wear at least three layers of loose fitting clothing. Layering provides better insulation. An inner layer of wool, silk or synthetic (polypropylene) to keep moisture away from the body. Thermal wear, wool, silk or polypropylene, inner layers of clothing that will hold more body heat than cotton. A middle layer of wool or synthetic to provide insulation even when wet. An outer wind and rain protection layer that allows some ventilation to prevent overheating.
2. Tight clothing reduces blood circulation. Warm blood needs to be circulated to the extremities. Insulated coat/jacket (water resistant if necessary)
3. Knit mask to cover face and mouth (if needed)
4. Hat that will cover your ears as well. A hat will help keep your whole body warmer. Hats reduce the amount of body heat that escapes from your head.
5. Insulated gloves (water resistant if necessary), to protect the hands
Deck the homes of Eaton Rapids, fa-la-la-la-la la la-la-la! 🎄🎁 The City of Eaton Rapids is decked out in lights, here are a few community members that joined in on the festivities!! . The house with the most likes on their photo will be named the 2019 Eaton Rapids Light Master! . The winning family will receive a basket of Holiday Goodies sponsored by Family Fare of Eaton Rapids! . ‼️VOTING CLOSES DECEMBER 27 @ 4:30 PM‼️ ... See MoreSee Less
'Tis the Season! 🎄🎁 These elves are certainly up to no good! Check out what the local elves in our community have been doing leading up to the Holidays! . The Elf with the most likes on their photo will be named the 2019 Eaton Rapids Elf of the Year! . The winning family will receive a basket of Holiday Goodies sponsored by Family Fare of Eaton Rapids! . ‼️VOTING CLOSES DECEMBER 27 @ 4:30 PM‼️ ... See MoreSee Less