Select Page

Building and Zoning Department

LeRoy Hummel

LeRoy Hummel

Building and Zoning Official

Phone: (517) 663-8118, ext 8160

Fax: (517) 663-1116 


LeRoy Hummel has 30 years of experience in construction, inspections, and code enforcement. He has been with the city of Eaton Rapids for five years. He has extensive experience related to zoning administration, site evaluation, construction planning and oversight. Prior to his role with the City of Eaton Rapids, LeRoy was the Building Official in nearby Charlotte for over 20 years.

Welcome to the City of Eaton Rapids Building Department.

Are you thinking about doing those home improvement projects?  It is important that you check with the Building and Zoning Department first to see what requirements or permits are needed before you start your interior or exterior project(s).

The purpose of codes, ordinances and permits is to establish minimum requirements to safeguard the safety, health and general welfare of property owners, future owners, the general public and emergency responders during emergency operations.


City Master Plan
Eaton Rapids Area Master Plan
Guide to Development
Land Use Map
Check with the Building Official regarding most current version of the zoning map.

Find Us On Facebook!

Main St. between Knight St. and W. Plain St will be closed for the annual Hometown Holiday Parade. Please use caution while driving in the downtown area. Main St. will reopen upon completion of the parade. Thank you! ... See MoreSee Less

View on Facebook

Don't forget to enter for your chance to win Holiday Goodies for the family! Email in your best Elf on the Shelf mischief or Holiday Decorations to by December 15th! Voting is open December 16th-27th! 🎄🎁

Click on the picture for more information!
... See MoreSee Less

View on Facebook